Sunday, January 10, 2016

Why Online Groups have become a Cess Pit for Starving Business Owners fighting over sales like seagulls fighting over a hot chip

If you’ve spent anytime in an online group then you’ve probably seen a conversation just like this…

He’s finally asked me the question (will you marry me) who’s the cheapest person to…

  • Take the photographs
  • Cater my wedding
  • Arrange the flowers
  • Print the invitations
  • Etc, etc, etc

Let me set the scene for you here, as this is a true story that happened Friday 9/1/2016 just gone.

I had three different business owners booked in for a FREE custom marketing campaign, two of which happened to have businesses that are directly related to the wedding industry.

The first business owner that I met at Emjays Cafe in Birtinya (I’ll give them a plug as they do a fantastic banana smoothie, and their brekkie wrap is great as well) at the start of our consultation was very sceptical about the quality of customers that could be generated from Facebook.

Her first questions was

Is it really possible to attract quality clients through Facebook that aren’t just looking to screw you down to the lowest possible price?

All I see are people cutting each other’s throats on price just to win a wedding was her comment.

How is that happening I asked?

It was then that she told me the story above about recently engaged ladies posting status updates in Facebook groups along the lines of…

He’s finally asked me the question (will you marry me) who’s the cheapest person to…

You should see what happens next she said.

It’s like a flock of seagulls (hence the title of this post) fighting over a hot chip. Everyone that has a wedding related business is in the comments fighting to the death to win the job.

I just can’t be bothered doing that she said.

Neither you should was my reply. After all statistics tell us that 80% of businesses go broke in the first five years, so if you’re competing on price, you’re literally competing against someone that’s going broke, and there’s only one way for that to go for you.

So what do you do instead she asked.

Well there’s numerous ways that I get around it, but there’s two that I particularly want to focus on today.

  1. I use a very effective advertisement that flushes out high quality buyers not hung up on price.
  2. I use Facebook groups completely the opposite way that you’re seeing them used.

You have my attention she said go on

I learnt this lesson from marketing legend Mal Emery a long time ago.

“People buy purely based on price, because they have no other way to compare two products”

I said if you think there’s a lot of competition in the wedding market you should see how many self proclaimed “Social Media Experts” are out there.

Literally anyone that can post a Facebook status update can set themselves up a Facebook Page for FREE, give themselves some sort of a B.S. title like I’m a Social Media Queen, King, Guru (you’ve seen one right?) and start selling their services.

Believe it or not though they’re actually making it easy for me to stand out because…

  1. The only thing they know how to do is post statuses or they have some sort of spam strategy to generate high volume, but poor quality likes, followers, etc.
  2. They’re hanging around Facebook groups like Seagulls fighting over the odd scrap as well.
  3. They make it so easy for me to point out what they’re doing doesn’t ever stand a snowflakes chance in hell of turning into profitable sales.

So I just leave them to it and do this instead.

Going back to Mal’s advice, I make it my job to inform the business owners in these groups that the low cost services these other businesses are offering are low cost for a reason.

It’s because what they don’t generate results (sales)

Instead of posting about what I do and what it costs, I write posts that lead people over to my blog where I can educate them about how to do their marketing properly at the best possible price.

Here’s a few examples that I’ve posted recently…

Example one

How to do your marketing properly at the best possible price because…

Crying please buy from us we’re local, is never ever going to work regardless of how many times that you repeat it.

http://ift.tt/1y4INJj

Example two

Normally schooners create headaches, but on Poets Day it fixes them!

Get your biggest marketing headache fixed for the price of a Schooner while the clock it ticking.

Please ensure that you understand the light beer rule before booking!

http://ift.tt/1PYzxxU

Example three

If you’re serious about generating leads and sales for your business from Facebook, then you should copy this $9.00 experiment

http://ift.tt/1uuczRo

Example four

Can I give you something?

Last year I boosted a post that went absolutely berserk.

How berserk?

I got 8617 Video Plays & 134 Quality Likers With A Measly $3.34 budget.

I took exactly what I did and turned it into a report that I sell online for $47.00

http://selz.co/12lOCnd (which is a bargain), however…

I want you to have it for FREE so that you can kick off your Facebook marketing the right way in 2016.

Read more below or grab it here => http://ift.tt/1PYzv9e to claim your FREE gift

Example five

You want people to notice your posts, interact with them and buy from you?

Then there’s a couple of things that you’ve gotta get right.

Your message has to get in front of them when they’re bored, and it’s got to entertain them with a story.

Just like this post below..

http://ift.tt/1YWc4Ov

 

All of those posts are designed to do one thing…

Lead people across to my blog where I can educate them as to why my services are much better value than the cheap crap that’s being offered by others.

At the top of my blog is the famous Red Adair saying…

“If you think that it’s expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur”

If someone posts in a group who’s the best, cheapest (or whatever other analogy they use) person to contact about marketing, I don’t touch that post with a barge pole.

There’s no way that I’m going to cheapen my services by fighting like a seagull over a hot chip.

There’s plenty of quality customers out there, looking for the quality services that I offer, so why would I want to be competing on price against rank amateurs?

I also watch for specific problems that I can help people with just like this.

I saw a tradie post an update in a group along the lines of what we’ve just been talking.

His post said something along the lines of, I do quality work, that’s why I’m not as cheap as most of my competition, and I’m not going to do inferior work that’ll tarnish my reputation just to compete on price.

When he posted that update I posted the Red Adair saying (“If you think that it’s expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur”) in the comments.

Which he liked, so I sent him a message.

Hey Dave (not his real name) this is Beanie from Sunshine Coast Social Media Marketing.

I shot a video a while back that’d be particularly handy for you.

How to win cream jobs and charge premium prices for quality work without running around doing FREE quotes.

If you’d like to take a look at it, I’d be happy to send it through to you. Just shoot me a message if you’re keen.

The reason I knew the Red Adair quote is because the old boily that trained me as an apprentice drummed it into my head.

Cheers Beanie

Within minutes I got a message back that said

Yeah mate I’d be pretty keen to see it.

So I sent the link to the video through to him, and within an hour (the video is ½ long) I got another message back from him saying…

“Very interesting mate, my wife handles the marketing stuff, and I do the hard yards. I will give you a call in the morning if that’s ok?”

Do you think that’s a little more effective than squabbling over price in the comments section like a seagull?

Are you picking up what I’m putting down here?

Let’s go back to Mal Emery’s quote again for a minute.

“People buy purely based on price, because they have no other way to compare two products”

What I’m doing is giving people all of the information they need to make an informed intelligent decision about how they should spend their money wisely to get the best possible value, instead of them just picking the cheapest option and hoping for the best, because they don’t really understand what they’re buying.

So now you know my hidden motivation for giving you this great information for FREE.

And if you’ve liked what you’ve read so far, then you’ll love this.

I currently have an offer running where I’ll sit down with you and personally create a custom marketing campaign designed specifically for your business for FREE.

I know what you’re thinking, I was just talking about price, and now I’m offer to do work for you for FREE!

Well there’s a very good reason why I do that (which actually increases the value of my services) and I explain how that works on this page here => custom marketing campaign, including what type of business that I do and don’t do this offer for.

To find out it you’re eligible to get a FREE custom marketing campaign, click here.

Speak Soon



from WordPress http://ift.tt/1OlfRzX
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment